Creating a commercial illustration portfolio and finding paying clients
A class from The Illustrators Guide on Skillshare
I want the time between you creating your illustration portfolio and finding your first paying clients to be as short as possible.
In this class you will learn:
- How to make a varied and interesting commercial illustration portfolio
- How to find clients
- How to approach potential clients and keep in touch with them
- Why getting feedback on your work is so important
- How to spend your time most effectively at the start of your illustration career
- What not to do
- How to present your work
- The best ways to promote your work
- How to go from being a student to a professional
This class will take you from no portfolio and no clients to finding your first paid projects in a few straightforward steps.
Developing a great illustration portfolio is not a quick process, but the strategies you will learn here will make sure you stay on track, and work in the most efficient way possible.
This class is for illustrators that are finding their style and want to go freelance for the first time, or for those artists that have taken their first steps and want to know how to find more paying clients.
I also give feedback on any projects uploaded to the class.
Using the link below you can get a free month of Skillshare to explore my class and all the many other great illustration related classes out there.